Thursday, August 16, 2018

In Memory of Elvis on 8/16/18

It's been 41 years since the King of Rock and Roll last saw the inside of an earthly bathroom, and in honor of this death anniversary, I want to offer up a full song-poem album, one on the Royal Master label, featuring three singers - Matt Vincent, Jaye Pauley and Jim Ward - not heard on this site before. In all, nearly 45 minutes of song-poems.
 
(I hoped to have more to say about the album, the anniversary and the individual tracks, and set aside a couple of hours to do so, but car problems last night (now resolved) ate up that time, and a third hour as well, and in order to get this up today, I'm just going to share the tracks. I haven't even had a chance to make sure there are no glitches in the MP3's. Please let me know if there are any issues.)

So herewith, the front cover of this masterpiece:


And the record label for side one, containing all the song titles and lyricists:


And here are the two sides of the album:

Download: Various Artists - A Tribute to the King, Side One
Play:

Download: Various Artists - A Tribute to the King, Side Two
Play:

Here is the back cover: 

 
Here is the label for side two:
 
 
And a close-up of the back cover, showing the performers of each song:
 


5 comments:

Timmy said...

One big barfvest.

Sammy Reed said...

Here, you can tell that Royal Master was another Halmark as far as using the same few background tracks over again. One of the songs here - a Matt Vincent song, wouldja know - had its track used on another Matt Vincent tune called "Peter Pooter and the Mannequin".

rock smith said...

Thanks Bob -I'm going to burn a CD and listen in the car.I love these rare recordings you share! Cheers Martin

Kip W said...

Ah, the reassuring tones of Matt Vincent! I was just listening to them reverberate, but when I clicked over here to comment, it killed the playback instantly. I even forgot what I was going to say.

Back to the post, then. Thanks for delivering yet more wonderful arcana.

Brandy said...

My father in law pictured top row center wrote the song His memory lives on for this album and I was wondering if you knew where I could purchase one of these albums? I would love to give it to him he is 84 now. My email is brandyjames227@aol.com any help would be greatly appreciated