Saturday, May 09, 2015

Songs for Mother and Daddy


Time is exceptionally short this weekend. As of this moment, I am the father of no (0) college graduates, yet in less than 48 hours, I will be the father of two (2) college graduates, with my younger daughter taking part in her graduation tomorrow, and her older sister doing the same on Monday.

So, rather than blather on about what I have to share for Mother's Day, I'll just say that here's a perfect song for anyone out there who is a mother, or who has a mother. It's our Tin Pan Alley friends, the band "New Image", with a song simply titled "Mother".

Download: New Image - Mother
Play:

And on the flip side, here's the same song-poet, the same band and the same label, offering up a tribute to that other parent, "A Friend is Daddy".

Download: New Image - A Friend is Daddy
Play:

3 comments:

Darryl W. Bullock said...

Congratulations Bob, to you and to both of your daughters. You and your wife must be (and should be) very proud.

Sammy Reed said...

5/13/15:
I guess you're up to 2 college graduates by now. SUPER congratulations to them and to you!
And Thanks for putting up another New Image!

Timmy said...

My speechlessness is in no way purposely intended to give any unfounded comment on these two selections. These are meant for meditation. Sort of a Twilight Zone intersecting with The Final Frontier...