Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Stop Growling!

Dear readers/listeners, today we are all in luck. It's not every day we get to hear a previously unheard epic from the Halmark factory, and their prime export, Bob Storm. And what's more, today's offering carries the promising title "Stop Growling At Me, Babe!" And it doesn't disappoint, with typically Halmark-worthy (and often stunningly unmusical) lyrics, such as "I have the right of way", "your indignant tone", "double-crossing glances are out of date", and an all time winner of a lyric: "I am in the unsophisticated teenage category". Enjoy! 

Play:  

 Also please note that this is one of the logos (the label used a few) in which Halmark (the most common spelling on their records) used the correct spelling of the word, with two "l's". The flip side, "My Love is Yours", is more typical of the unctuous, barely listenable material that graces the majority of Halmark releases, but I know there are some out there who will revel in it, for just that reason. I do particularly enjoy the following rhyme, such as it is: "Everything I have is yours / For my love is yours". I'm sure that couplet took a lot of thought:
 

2 comments:

Stu Shea said...

Wow, the A-side is wonderful! The insistent beat pushes things along, and even though Bob never quite matches up to the intensity of the track, this is still strong!! Thank you!

Timmy said...

Growling is an instant goodie!