Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hands Off!



I've not made a habit of featuring the same label two weeks in a row, and I don't think I've ever featured the same performer on the same label, two weeks in a row, before. But I heard this song for the first time two days ago, and absolutely couldn't wait a month or more to share it here.

I think it pretty much speaks for itself, in all of 100 seconds. Please enjoy Ellen Wayne's lovely rendition of "Don't Touch Me There!":



The flip side, "The Night That I Met You", is pretty standard issue stuff for 1960, but were it to have come out a bit later, the writer credit might have been intriguing, since it could then have been thought to indicate that the writer was a certain Mrs. Richard Burton.



4 comments:

nodeli.com said...

I think this one deserves a sincere 'OMFG'.

Darryl W Bullock said...

Brilliant! I need a copy of this!

myeck said...

So much better than the one by the Tubes. Thanks.

LoreNZo (from NZ) said...

Words fail me (possibly due to too much laughter!)...