Sunday, October 04, 2009

Never Like This!!!!

Frequent readers will know that I usually go on, often at length, about the songs I'm posting. Today, I think I'll skip most of that, and let you discover the wonders of this two sided smash for yourself. I will say that I suspect that, were there still song-poem compilations being made, the song "Never Like This" would be a shoo-in for inclusion. Aside from that, it appears that Joseph Scott, Jr., the author of both these songs, had some major personal stories, if not out and out issues, that he wanted to express through song. Mike Thomas sings both songs for us, starting with "Never Like This": 

Play:  

And now, here's the almost equally fascinating flip side, "My Wife":

Play:  

4 comments:

Stu Shea said...

These are both crackerjack tunes! Excellent words. Real lounge classics!! Thanks!!

Sammy Reed said...

"My Wife" isn't working.
"Never Like This" is a swinging tune. I'd like to hear the other one.

Anonymous said...

You can now.
Thanks, Bob!

Timmy said...

I am so glad you brought this one back from the link of the dead. A real hoot.