Thursday, July 09, 2009

A Bit of MSR

As I think I've mentioned here before, I'm not really a fan of the MSR label. There are records on the label (mostly from their early years) that I just love, but generally, I find them far less interesting than the records their competitors were making at the time. Oddly enough, MSR was a sister label to Preview, whose records from much the same era I often just love. I do find it odd that the compilation CD series was titled "MSR madness" - they wouldn't be the label I would focus on. 

I do, however, know that I'm in the minority with this, so I thought I should make the effort from time to time to share a sample of the many MSR 45's in my collection. Here's one featuring Bobbi Boyle (better known as Bobbi Blake - thanks to Sammy Reed for that reminder!) and Dick Kent. 

First up is Bobbi Boyle with "Seeking": 

Play:  

And here's Dick Kent, on the flip side, with the clunkily titled "Oh, Juanita, My Sweet Senorita":

Play:  

5 comments:

Stu Shea said...

These ain't bad. I should digitize and copy you Bobbi Boyle singing "The Mailman's Song" and Dick Kent's runthrough of a "new" jingle for Comet Cleanser.

Sammy Reed said...

The link to the Bobbi Boyle song isn't working.

Sammy Reed said...

Actually, the links to both of these songs aren't working.

Sammy Reed said...

Thanks very much for fixing these!

Sammy Reed said...

Bobbi Boyle was the same singer who was later called Bobbi Blake! So, maybe you aughta put Bobbi Blake as one of the tags.